VAR

This is the place to support the 'reds', the 'blues', the Brits - or anything football related.
Woods 27
Service details: Served Jan 1975-Aug1987

Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne Northern Ireland Catterick

VAR

Post by Woods 27 »

VAR either ruining or perfecting football depending on which team you support

VAR review
The Video Assistant Referee (VAR) has either killed football stone dead or breathed new life into it, depending on who you ask.

Wolverhampton Wanderers had about sixteen goals disallowed over the weekend while Liverpool were gifted a few following various overturns as a result of VAR reviews.

“It’s shit,” suggested Wolves fan, Simon Williams.

“It’s brilliant,” countered Liverpool fan, Simon Williams (no relation).

VAR operator, Jay Cooper, said, “We thought all football fans would be up for a system where the rules are 100% adhered to and the notion of referees making mistakes was done away with.

“But now it seems at least half of them would prefer the old-fashioned, fast and loose version of football where you could get away with a cheeky headbutt as long as the ref wasn’t looking.

“But then the other half seem to really like VAR just because a lot of the reviewed decisions end up going their way.

“It’s very strange; it’s almost as if these people or for or against VAR based on how many decisions happen to go for or against their team.

“I can’t believe football fans would be that simplistic in their thinking, but it would explain why Liverpool fans keep sending me picnic baskets while Wolverhampton fans keep sending me dog shit.” :shock: :shock: :shock:

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Re: VAR

Post by Pinky »

Perspective
Sometimes in your favour sometimes not. City fans need to stop being so sour.
Most of us hoped you'd stop liverscum but because you've had a poor season in the league you're blaming VAR for your loses.
Either way if Pep doesn't win the CL before he leaves then this city team will never become legends.
IMO
Pinky
Woods 27
Service details: Served Jan 1975-Aug1987

Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne Northern Ireland Catterick

Post by Woods 27 »

Pinky.

It's a spoof if you read it all. :? :? :?

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Woods 27 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:56 am Pinky.

It's a spoof if you read it all. :? :? :?

I know, I read it all, but I have other City friends on FB that whine all day about how unfair VAR has been to them and not Liverscum. I had to vent to someone! LOL