interesting

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Re: interesting

Post by Arnie »

Bill and yall,

because of a breakdown of my Internet server Brenda and I have been off the Internet for 24 days!!! Only got back on this morning and it will take some time before I have caught up with NOAHs Arc. but I will eventually. My only comment is this 24 days put lockdown a very long way back in cruelty to Geriatrics.
Spent $59 on new Router (already had a workable Router, which did not work due to the problem finally being identified as my server not working), New i/MAC computer, $2,000, a Tech geek to come in and have a tweek at getting it going. This cost $158 per hour, what a waste of money!
OH! IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK ON THE INTERNET!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stay safe and well all of you.

Arnie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Welcome back Arnie glad you and Brenda are ok you should have rung Jim Escott to come and fix your lap top, I had router trouble recently found that if I switch it off for a minute or two then when its back on pressthe small reset button Hey prestoafter a couple of minutes all the lights come back on and I am connected again.
Regards to Brenda take care keep safe we have had both jabs no reaction so alls well in Dorset Mick/Marion max woof woof :lol: :o :oops: :roll: :D
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Arnie,

delighted to hear that you and Breda are well and as bitter and nasty as ever, where would we be if Arnie was happy :lol: :lol:

After 24 days, you should be completely de-toxed and able to smile at everybody like a green politician. But I see that your addiction goes much deeper than was feared. Now go and play with your old colt, while call the nice man in his white jacket. He has a pretty new pullover for you, with arms that tie together, at the back !!!

Don't think that an apple a day will keep the computer freak away, it took me years to adjust from windows and I still don't get it. When our son comes he has hours of fixing all the things that I have, apparently, screwed up, since his last visit :(.
As I see it, they update and change what I am used to :shock: then I'm lost in the desert :evil:.
Even Rahi gets annoyed at me for screaming at the bloody computer. If anyone were to walk past they would think I was killing her :shock: :shock:.
I have executed 7 computers in the days when I was less calm, getting old has its advantages. And the threat that I will never get another replacement if I break this one; it takes almost all the joy out of life.
Of course they are great when they do as they are told and have all of the apps and other crap functioning properly, but when just one link in the chain is wobbling it's an F'in nightmare.

John,

since when do we even start to believe what Frog Generals are saying, it's a 'ruse de guerre'. The war will never end as we are 'in fighting', us being Frog bastard offspring since 1066 :o :?
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

luckily I still have my MS Lenovo computer, because when I got back on the Internet for the second time I switched on the Apple. going through the process of setting it up I noticed that the device was a 2019 model. I bought it on the 6th of April. Rubbish, I instantly thought, in the Tech world that is an antique. Tried to find a 'user manual' on the Lenovo, but during this process noticed that the model I was the proud owner of was no longer in the Catalogue of the shop I had bought it at. So a very unhappy Arnie went back to the store and asked to see the Manager and when he appeared, Arnie in a calm, measured voice informed him that I was a very dissatisfied customer. Cut a long story short, I get my new upgraded model computer next Tuesday. On show it is selling at $2725 dollars but that is not the price I will be paying. Oh! Happy days. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.
Gee, it's great to be back talking to you all again. Happy, Happy, Happy.

Look after yourselves, stay safe and well.

Brenda and Arnie :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

And I thought we were having an earthquake :shock: !

Good to know it was just the reverberations of Arnie's laughing. How about an update on your boom... or did you loose it with the duff High-Tech ?
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

having trouble publishing my 'boom'. New enterprise for me and therefore am a novice. Send me your by P/M and I will try and send you a copy by memory stick.

You can do the onerous task of proof reading it :D :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

see what mean :!: :!: "send me your ADDRESS".
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Arnie,

done, book :roll: