embarrassing crap

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

embarrassing crap

Post by Bill Bentley »

You may have noticed that I have not been very active for some time. The fact is: I have been feeling very tired and my sight has rapidly been failing me. More recently: I accepted that my weight rose before xmas and, as usual, I fasted in January to correct this. This time however the weight returned very quickly, making me even more 'lazy'. Could this be 'lockdown syndrome' ? But I also had a 'blocked' feeling in my stomach/ digestive tract as well. Then I got an itch around my sack and up my builders cleft which did not respond to either creams or powder treatments. This itch then attacked my 'ring' :( .

Searching for a solution I looked into 'worms', even though there were no obvious signs of such in my stool. The WHO recommend, for vast areas of the globe, a twice a year de-worming treatment in humans, just like most pet owners do for their horses, dogs, cats etc.. So I got a prescription free medication: Trilombrin, from the chemist, there are many others. It is a two treatment course, the first kills any adult worms but not their eggs. They then hatch and 14 days later you kill them before they can lay new eggs.

The only side effect was a soft stool and several visits to the toilet each day for the next few days. The 'blocked feeling' quickly disappeared, I became less tired and more alert and amazingly my sight has dramatically improved, what a relief !

I can hear some thinking 'dirty bastard', but we 'responsible dog owners' always remove their droppings with thin plastic bags. We give them biscuits and they lick our hands. Of course we wash our hands thoroughly but: Turn on the tap with an infected had, wash your hands thoroughly and turn off the tap --- there is a possible cross infection (also for the covid virus). After going to the toilet, it's exactly the same cross infection risk ! After walking the dogs at night: come home, switch on the lights, go and wash your hands --- switch off the lights, bingo !

So you have no pets... Most of the fruit and veg we eat comes from abroad. Do you think that the field workers all have toilets and hot water and soap to wash their hands, forget it ! Unpack the food = contamination, turn on the tap to wash it, rinse your hands thoroughly, turn off the tap, bingo ! With meats the chance of infection is far greater.

The chances of picking up a worm infection are endless: cleaning your shoes, admire the flowers in your garden, stroke a cat. Worms can live in their host for years without causing any recognisable symptoms ! But they can affect all of your organs and if left untreated can cause a great many health problems. Perhaps worst of all, your doctor may treat you for many other potential illnesses and never think of worms.

So, if you are feeling down, consider the possibility that you may have worms, even if there are no obvious signs !

Stay safe !
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Re: embarrassing crap

Post by Michael Burgess »

Hi Bill
Well I never a lot of your mates used to say "Don't worry he's often full of crap" but don't worry Iam sure you will worm your way back to good health
Take care keep safe regards to you both
M & M max woof woof :roll: :lol: :oops:
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: embarrassing crap

Post by Bill Bentley »

Careful Mick, I'm just writing my memoirs and the next chapter is about 'the little big man' :lol: :lol: