round and round

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

round and round

Post by john kerwin »

Being a grumpy old git. I made a complaint to the police about vehicles of all sizes parking on the footpath even with double yellow lines in place.
Reply was, sorry it's nothing to do with us, it's the local council.
Rang council, sorry it's nowt to do with us. That is the county council you need to make the complaint to.
Rang county council :roll: , and guess what, it's the police you need :twisted:

Sounds a bit like a scene from monty python. Why do we pay Council tax. Would be better ringing the boy scouts :D :D
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Re: round and round

Post by Pinky »

Try Regimental Provo first.
When I joined in 1980 Mac McGoldrick was provo sgt.
George Kirk also ran it for a while.
Sam Harrison later did it.
Those guys would have it sorted it sharpish.

Pinky
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

You should try living in Spain.
Heading through town to the main free car-park, I and many others had to squeeze past a delivery van double parked. Well, theirs is a hard life I thought. An hour or so later, on my way home, the twat was still there. I wonder which Senorita he was delivering it to :roll: .
Honestly they park anywhere with seemingly no concern.

In Hermany, if you park with two wheels on the pavement, you get done for damaging public property, because apparently the pavement is not designed to carry the weight of a car, logical ! Unless it is market day... then it's allowed :?.

Anyway John, when did you join the British Stasi ? Snitching on citizens indeed ;).
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

Hi Bill.
Only trying to keep people safe. up to this date we have had a horse hit by a van, as it attempted to get round a parked vehicle, and was forced to move to the middle of the street. And this in a No Parking area. :twisted: (Poor thing had to be put down). It's only a matter of time before someone is hurt or killed by these dick heads blocking the footpaths. With mums with prams, young kids and the old (me) having to walk out into the road to get past. These Vehicles should be towed onto the ranges, to give the young army cadets some target practice :D. And the drivers could be moving targets :D :D

While I am on my high horse. What about the government wanting to move the House of Lord out of London ?. I've found the perfect place for them. It's called the LOCAL TIP. :D :D And it would save loads of cash, By not having to pay these useless old farts for somewhere to sleep :D
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Ah, John, John,

how right you are "Being a grumpy old git", though I have to agree ;) .

In Hermany, recently, an old codger was arrested for puncturing the tyres of stupidly parked cars.
His big mistake was to always do it along the same stretch of road at the same time of day...
Most of those parking were the said Mothers (?), all trying to get their own little Princes into Kindergartens and Schools.
There is little less logical than a parent with it's brat...

I have seen/ heard them smoking in the car with their Techno-ghetto-blasters on maximum, they get out, throw their burning butts on to the dry grass verges, blow the last draw of smoke into the kids face while getting it out of its €500,- safety seat and, leaving the engine running for half an hour, deposit the brat with somebody else who then has to change its crappy nappy.
They then drive the 300 meters back home, complaining about the poor parking facilities where they watch Jane Fonda and drink their 'loose a ton liquid energy bombs' and that's not even the creature that gave birth to the brat :shock: :shock:.

Such is the society that we have allowed to flourish during our watch :( :(.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Bill, spot on again!!
Arnie