Congratulations ...

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Congratulations ...

Post by Bill Bentley »

My congratulations to Sir Kier Starmer for winning the 2024 UK General Election !
lt was quite an amazing result giving him a powerful majority in parliament.

But does he really have any kind of popular majority ?
From a population of 68 million only 46 million were elligible to vote, but only 28 million bothered to get off their arses and cast their vote. Of those he had only 9 million supporters and won 412 seats in parliament.
Reform UK had 4 million supporters but only won 4 seats in parliament.
Starmer actually only has 13% of the population, or 20% of those elligable to vote supporting him and that is called democracy !
The 18 million who did not bother to vote are in fact double the number that did vote for Starmer's Labour.

Many that voted for Labour have always voted Labour, they voted for murderer Blair and Communist Corbin, they will never 'change' (sorry Kier).
Others are what l call the begging bowel (pun intended) culture, those that live on 'hand outs', social parasites who do nothing for society although they could !
Still others are nothing more than those, rightfully, disillusioned by the Conservatives.
Sir Kier will struggle with his supporters more than he will with the opposition.

Nevertheless l wish him every success, because it's all about us the people, even if so many don't deserve to live in a free country because they do nothing to earn this luxury !
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Re: Congratulations ...

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Bill,

I hoped and believed Farage would have done better. Stalmer I think will just be more of the same ol same ol, do not rock the boat type of leader.
He already has had a conversation with Zelensky in Ukraine informing him that the same support would be there as it was from Sunak. Very disappointing. Considering Ukraine is not an N.A.T.O. Country, we in the West should not be encouraging this war to continue. Stalmer states the N.H.S. is broken! O.K., so why pour millions into a situation in Ukraine that is none of the West's business? He needs to be putting that money into the N.H.S. and Illegal Immigration Enforcement. I think Farage will do better in the next election, and or if he joins forces with what's left of the Conservative Party, with him as the Leader.

Over to France today, (Sunday). Another big disappointment. For the last week, we have all been hearing how the far-right, was headed for a Leadership position in France however, today now we are hearing the Liberal Left are ahead, and the far right is a distant third! Give me a break! I was born at night, but it wasn't last night!

Over here across the pond.
Senile Joe, in his narcissistic state, claims he is god's gift to being the leader of the free world. HA! What a bunch of shite! What's even more concerning is all the people, (advisors) around him are telling him the same thing! Boot Lickers!

And then there is this idiot Trudeau.
What more can be said about this incompetent fool?

Not sure about you Bill, or anybody else, but I do not believe in the results of these elections.

How's the garden coming along?

Take care,

JL/
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: Congratulations ...

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi John,
give him a few weeks ...
l actually like some things that he says. Can't wait for PM'S Questions to see if the 'mad house' comes to 'order'.

But l'm with you on the Ukraine, Victor Orban, now boss of the EU, is getting slagged off for trying to talk peace. The fighting, dieing and destruction MUST stop, but the West wants their natural resourses and so have written them a blank cheque using the blood of their people as ink.

Ah the Frogs are hopping mad ! The rifraf joined together to distort the election results and it worked. So now the lunatics will take over the asylum. l wonder if 'heads will roll' when their new revolution starts.

On your side of the pond things don't look much prettier and with every passing day the climate gets ever wilder. When the water is around their necks and the gasses they breathe in are choking them ... it will be too late to reconsider.
l doubt that jibbering Joe will be able to remember who did what, where, when or why ...

Our gardens are comming along, on a back burner just now as l am building again. Had three friends lined up to help but their own health and family issues have thrown a spanner in the works so l'm running solo again. Such is life.