HEC

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

HEC

Post by Bill Bentley »

Happy Easter Children !

That's a funny bunny, or was it a Hare ?

Have a cracking time and enjoy eating the unborn children of those cute little chickens.

Don't be cross at me for not going to church, I'm all nailed down on a green hill far away.

It's all Covid's fault any way, nothing to be sneezed at.

I'll stop rabbiting on now, just make the most of it :!:
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Re: HEC

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

are you and Rahi in trouble? Saw an item on You Tube about Spain kicking out thousands of Ex-Pat Brits. Apparently you had to have applied by 31 Mar to stay, According to this submission many people who have been there years, and applied in ample time were refused. Immediately I saw this I started to worry about you!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Arnie. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Not being religious in any shape or form I've often wondered about the chocolate, rabbit and egg connection to Easter!?
I guess google could explain it........
Pinky
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

Bit like the lucky rabbits foot :o . Not so bloody lucky for the rabbit :D

Happy Easter to you all.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Arnie and all you other funny bunnies,

thanks, no need for concern ;).

I am double insured, so to say: I received my 'Spanish Residencia' last year, within weeks of application. The simple trick is: if you don't know what you are doing: employ somebody who does. I used a Spanish solicitor.
I also got my S1 and so now have my Spanish Medical Card. I could get my corona jab here much earlier than in Germany and about a year later than those super lucky Brits who so wisely left the EU.

The problem is/ was: just so many people ignored or were ignorant of the EU laws which have been in force since 2014. Then they all act so badly done to and blame BREXIT, instead of looking in a mirror. There is nowhere in the world where you can just ignore the rules, not even fools have that right !

My second trump card is that I have a right of abode in Germany, even though I am an Englishman. I was registered and worked there for 30 years, so I get a German oap, I am married to a German National who is still in the EU and my kids were born there. So I get German / EU status by right.

Those that have been here in Europe / Spain for years and never bothered their butts to understand on which rules this could be based are their own worst enemies. Brexit was on the cards for years and years, nobody can claim that they were surprised or not aware.

I have always objected to illegals anywhere, therefore it seems only right to ensure that I am not in danger of being accused of such a CRIME !

What would you expect if you drove a car without an MOT or a licence ?
If you didn't pay your insurance or utility bills ?
Or you withdrew a lot of money from a bank when it was closed ? :shock: :shock: :shock: Exactly ! No sympathy what so ever :lol: :lol:.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

I should have known better!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Hi Bill
Your statement is direct accurate and to the point its a great pity that so many ex pats play the hard done by card
You would have made a great intelligent politician ever considered it.
Hope you all had a great Easter had my second jab today going to the pub soon for a cold cider
Take care keep safe Mick/Marion max woof :lol: :roll: :D