TIP of today

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

TIP of today

Post by Bill Bentley »

The Transport Industry Protest in London today is a bit of a joke:

They object to the covid restrictions and want to get government support so that they can survive the lockdowns :? :?.

Is it not the transport industry who are actually the main spreaders of the virus ?
I mean nobody walked from China or India and brought it to us, did they ?

Is it not the transport industry who fly around the world polluting the air we breathe with their exhaust emissions, while not paying tax on their avgas ?
Carrying a cargo of of party loving jet-setters who have every know disease from Aids to Covid :o.

Is it not the transport industry that burn the crudest of oils in their ships, bringing poisonous plastic crap from China ?
Polluting the oceans with their oil leaks and thrown overboard rubbish etc..

Well, you working class brats who can't afford to eat high quality food, get doing some overtime and pay your taxes on time so that Dicky Branson and his mates can get those so urgently needed subsidies :twisted:.

I don't expect anybody to agree with me, just trying to highlight the irony of the dilemma ;) ;)
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Re: TIP of today

Post by john kerwin »

I fully agree with you Bill. Its about time airlines and shipping companies were made to pay taxes and clean up the mess they make, like the rest of us have to do. And stop pleading poverty, and going cap in hand to the government. :twisted:
But most big firms like Amazon, make the mess. Pay as little tax the as possible. Sometimes none at all.
If you look at this weeks news. The amount these companies put into Landfill just can't be good for the planet. All the materials used to m But then again it keeps the prices up. All the scarce materials that go to ma
And after all MONEY is more important
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

It seems my laptop has gone into enigma mode. :D Need a new laptop this ones a bit senile just like me. :D :D :D
Sorry if the above, is all jumbled up.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

John,

you won't find a new laptop in the corner shop, if you still have a corner shop that is.
But I understand that Google and Apple have amazing offers on Amazon. Perhaps sip on a Starbucks coffee whilst choosing which latest model of seldom earth and gold filled plastic bite analyser you might want.
At least that way you can have the standard feeling of success, aiding and abating tax dodging and supporting the worlds most unloved people like Bill Gates.

It is sad but true that life would be almost impossible without a computer and a smart phone these days. We can't even go into a restaurant without having a QR Code reader to see what the menu offers :roll:.

24 Hour petrol stations, but only with credit card and smart phone. Banking business impossible without a computer and smart phone (double security or was it double addiction ?).

Thanks for outing yourself as an independent thinker, it goes against the grain and that is better than being washed down the drain with the rest of the masses, wasters and scum.